Welcome to the ultimate guide to organising your baby essentials with a nappy caddy! As parents, we know how overwhelming it can be to keep all your baby essentials in order. That's where our new nappy caddy from Mama Shack comes in handy, providing a convenient and organised solution for storing your baby's changing essentials.
In this guide, we'll walk you through everything you need to know about nappy caddies - from their benefits to how to choose the right one. We'll also share expert tips on how to maximise the use of your nappy caddy and keep it organised in the long run.
With our helpful advice, you'll be able to declutter your baby's changing area and have all your essentials at your fingertips. Say goodbye to searching for that elusive pacifier or nappy cream when you need them most!
Whether you're a new parent or a seasoned pro, this guide will provide you with the tools and knowledge you need to create a functional and stylish changing area. So let's dive in and discover how our new nappy caddy can make your life easier and more organised, giving you more time to spend with your little one.
What is a nappy caddy?
A nappy organiser is typically a caddy that helps you keep all of your nappies and essentials in one place. A nappy caddy is usually made with handles so that it can be moved around your home or used on the go. It often features sectional compartments, making it easier to keep things organised.
Benefits of using a nappy caddy
Organisation! Having your baby changing essentials in one place means you can keep everything to hand and not be routing around drawers at 3am for the nappy rash cream! It also makes it a lot easier to see which items you're running out of so you can stock up on your next shop.
Choosing the right nappy caddy for your needs
- Design - The fun part! Choose a design that suits your style. We recommend opting for one that has handles for easy holding and sections keep items organised.
- Size - Will this be your go to bag for all of your essentials? Or will it be one of a few that you keep in various rooms of your home. Make sure your caddy works for your space and is the right size to hold what you need.
Essential items to include in your nappy caddy
We recently asked our instagram followers (@mamashackbaby) which baby essentials they would recommend to new parents to keep in their nappy caddies. We asked what products they used most frequently, including suggestions of the more unconventional items you could keep in a caddy. Here's what they said:
- Nappies - and lots of them! One Mum mentioned liners used in reusable nappies would be good to have on hand.
- Nappy sacks.
- Baby wipes - one parent recommended using a reusable wipes such as Cheeky Wipes. We highly recommend their Wipes Kit if you are looking to make a more sustainable swap.
- Nappy rash cream.
- Travel Changing Mat - our Mama Shack nappy caddy has been designed to hold our travel mats. This is a great solution if you are moving the caddy around your home and don't need a changing table setup.
- Antibacterial hand sanitiser.
- A rattle for distraction.
- Baby hairbrush - our wooden set has super soft bristles that massge babies scalp and can have a calming effect.
- Nail Kit.
- Spare baby grows or two - this is great idea for night time changes when the light is low and rummaging through drawers could be difficult.
- Muslins - you can never have too many of these! We have a wide range of muslins in varying sizes to suit every need.
- Nipple cream.
- Snacks! Why not.
Tips for keeping your nappy caddy organised and efficient
Everyone has a different set-up and routine with their little ones, each parent will opt to have a setup that suits them and will probably adapt along the way as baby grows and needs change!
We've outlined some inspiration to make life easy to get you started on organising your nappy caddy. Here are a few tips to get you started -
- Start with the basics first. Nappies can be at the front and center of your caddy and other essentials can be placed around them. Smaller items can be kept in the smaller sections of the caddy.
- Keep potentially messy items in a small cup or bag to stop them making a mess inside of the caddy.
- Don't forget you! Add things to your caddy like a snack for those late night ungodly hour of the morning changes. Some of our followers had also suggested keeping a breast pump in your caddy.
Simplifying your life with an organised nappy caddy will give you more time to focus on your little one. Fill yours with items that you will use multiple times a day and change these up as baby grows and has different changing needs.
When choosing a nappy caddy think about it long term. Our caddies aren't only limited to changing essentials, think toy storage, cosmetic storage, a home for accessories, the options are infinite. Did you know that nappy caddies also make great gifts for new parents? Fill them with essentials, gifts and all of the things they didn't know that they needed, to make a beautiful (and very useful) hamper.