WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Non-woven wallpapers are paste the wall application
- Wallpaper paste, please choose one suited for non-woven wallpapers.
- Paint Roller (to paste the glue onto the wall)
- Wallpaper sharp knife
- Water and a cloth
- Your Lovely Wallpaper
NON-WOVEN WALLPAPER HANGING INSTRUCTIONS
Please read these instructions carefully before hanging your wallpaper or mural. It is advisable that a professional decorator is used.
- Walls should be dry, clean and even.
- Remove any old wallpaper and loose paint.
- Roughen painted surfaces with sandpaper.
PASTING AND HANGING
- Please ALWAYS lay out the wallpaper on the floor first before you hang it to make sure the panels all line up and match perfectly.
- Please ALWAYS start the hanging from left to right hanging first PANEL A, B, C and so on (like reading a book)
- This is a paste the wall product. The decorator should paste the wall and not the back of the wallcovering.
- A good quality, solvent free, fungicide protected ready-mixed ‘tub’ adhesive – specifically for paste the wall non-woven papers should be used.
- Paste should be evenly applied to the wall to hang one length at a time, to an area slightly wider than width of the paper.
- Butt joints and use a decorators brush to smooth down the wallcovering, working from the centre to the edges to express air bubbles.
- Avoid squeezing paste out of the joints and ensure paste does not get onto the brush or roller.
- No paste should be allowed to come into contact with the surface and hands should be kept clean and dry whilst hanging the wallcovering.
- Paste will damage the surface. We cannot accept responsibility for marks or damage caused by paste.
- Should any paste have been allowed to come into contact with the surface, it should be lightly sponged whilst still moist, using a clean damp sponge.
CARING FOR YOUR WALLPAPER
The wallpaper should be cleaned by dusting with a clean dry brush or by brush accessory on a vacuum cleaner.